Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Relieve Me

"Are we there yet." -Emily Berkheiser (and every other kid on earth)


Well, I have prayed and God has answered. In our last chapter.... OH, I'm sorry. I forgot. Like a book you start to read and put down for what seems like an eternity (though in reality it has only been a few months, weeks or days) so this blog has become. That is forgotten. Not intentionally mind you. But often time did not permit or life was just pressing and writing was depressing. Eventually I chose to wait, until this was over. Well it is over, or so I thought. I mean, is it ever over. No, I fear it is not. The drama of life grinds on. It refuses to slow down enough for me to jump off. That's why I curse public transportation. The bus driver never listens and they probably have revoked licenses anyway. But all of that is for another time. Forgive my digression. As I recall it had something to do with 35 weeks.


Yes, that's it. I had asked God for 35 weeks. Could I survive the lamentable journey across the desert? Would my tribe survive? Like Moses it was my responsibility to take my people to safety. I felt woefully inadequate for the job. I had a million reasons for God not choosing/allowing me/us to make this quest. He was silent, so I have plodded on. Frankly, I think he carried me all the way. He sent ravens to feed me and I discovered that there was a stream in the desert and perhaps a bit of shade too. The 35th week has passed. And while Jezebel has been left in the dust this journey has yet to end. I guess I should say chapter. But like many chapters in life they are hardly rigid. That is one thing does not always come one after the other. Rather another comes before the other ends. Such is reality. Life is messy and ever increasing. I have yet to reach the promise land but God has taught me how to live in the desert. There are several mountains in the distance which beckon. They beg me to scale them. The mountain of God, Mount Zion, Temple Mount. A sancturay I seek and the books, old books and the deep magic of God. The oldest words forgotten by most but coveted by a few. Sola Fide, WHB

No comments: